Saturday, April 19, 2008

When?

Well, I spilled the beans today. I let my mother and some extended family members know *exactly* when we would start trying to build our family.

It was at my Mom's 50th birthday party. It was quite an affair, my dad planned it quite nicely. Anyway, I don't know exactly why my womb became such a topic for discussion. Is it just because everyone knows Mom would love to be a grandma? Is it because we've been married for nearly nine years? I don't know, but I eventually said in a straightforward fashion that we'd be pulling the goalie this summer.

I mind far less than I thought I would. I actually think I'll be (if all goes as planned) one of those pregnant women who loves the attention. My only concern is the pressure and having to explain to people if/when/how it doesn't happen as planned. If all goes well, then its not a concern at all!

So, here's to hoping that all things proceed as hoped and (now) announced.

No comments: