Friday, October 10, 2008

Effort

There are a few things that are going to require my effort over the next couple of days.  

The one most relevant to this blog...  is getting DH interested in making us parents.  DH has been under some stress lately, and he just hasn't been interested.  I have some enticement in mind, I hope it is effective. The tried and true methods have not been very successful. 

The other is studying a 4 inch high stack of flash cards. I need to answer a 200 question multiple choice test that is geared toward people with masters degrees that I do not have. But, I have years of experience in the field, and my trusty flash cards to study every waking moment between now and Monday morning. I think I can squeak out a pass if I can keep my test anxiety in check.

Lastly is packing for this trip, and cooking some food DH can reheat in my absence. I don't have to make delicious meals before I leave, but I want to.

If I can get through all of the above... I have two books and two DS games waiting to reward me.  The former are New Moon and Wicked. The latter are FF Revenant Wings and a Yoga training game. Wicked and Yoga were impulse buys, a rare thing for a girl who grew up without much money. But, I'll have a week of evenings to fill.  

Of course, I'll have my werk laptop and the internet. The hotel actually charges for net access. In every hotel I've been to in the past it was a free perk.  Oh well, werk is definitely picking up the tab on that one.

Okay, back to studying.

3 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Good luck with the test!

To A T said...

Good luck with the test on Monday!!

Hopefully some of your enticement ideas work this weekend :) I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have the right amount of seduction to make a go of it! lol! GL!

Anonymous said...

GL with your studying and TTC efforts!