Sunday, April 12, 2009

Heartbeat, Belly Shots

I heard the heartbeat on Thursday! My OB had to dig for it just a little bit, just when I was getting a little nervous I heard the wonderful woosh woosh woosh. Then the doctor said the baby is moving, and the sound morphed into a more rapid shwew shwew shwew. It sounded like video game laser beams at a distance. :) I told DH later, and we commented that we have a gamer-in-training.

I now have the abdominal ultrasound date!!! It is set for May 4th, my follow-up appointment with my doctor is on May 7th. Its three weeks from Monday, I can't wait. I have two concerns about the appointment, who they allow in and how much I should drink.

Some moms have told me to drink exactly as much as they say to. Others have said to drink less than requested, because they followed instructions and it didn't work out so well (were forced to wait and couldn't hold it, had a miserable experience, or were asked to empty some anyway before the ultrasound). I'm already using the bathroom every 30 minutes without extra fluids...

As for how many spectators they allow... the scheduling lady said nothing on the subject, and the doctor's order only says no children. But, when I was rummaging around on the web site it said they allow only one visitor. My mom really wants to be there, and my DH might or might not be ambivalent, but I really want my DH there. Maybe I'll call and ask them to be sure.

Every time I ask DH to take a belly shot we both find ourselves giggling. FINALLY, I have edited the pictures. I still think I look like I'm just gaining weight, with an obvious fullness but no bump. I do appreciate my new haircut!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Momma! Awesome belly shots :) I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Yay for ultrasounds!! And super Yay for belly pics!!! Looks great!
:-)

Anonymous said...

I love the belly shots. SO CUTE! :)