Monday, April 20, 2009

Maternity Shopping

It was my mom's birthday yesterday, and I dragged her with me to a huge baby/maternity consignment sale. We went on the last day, admission was free and some things were half off. This may explain why the maternity section was a little small. But, I found some great items.

I bought 3 pair of pants, 1 pair of capris, 1 summer dress, 4 shirts, and 1 baby overalls for $30. So, approximately $3 per item. Everything was in really good shape with brands like Motherhood, Old Navy, and The GAP. Just for the fun of it we were looking at the baby clothes, and we saw the overalls. Since they are gender neutral, and they were $1.50, I couldn't resist. So, we now have our first baby clothing.

They are having another similar consignment sale in June, hopefully we'll know what we are having by then and I can pick up some more deals! Ultrasound: 2 weeks and counting.

I took today off of work to play in the yard, and so far I haven't checked work email and I don't feel guilty. :)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

good for you! i hope you had a ton of fun! and about 3 dollars per item, gosh you cant beat that! i bet your soo excited for your baby bump to pop on out there!

Anonymous said...

Yay for playin hookie!

Anonymous said...

Noone should EVER feel guilty for taking a "free day" from work and not working for any of the day!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you find out the sex in two weeks. Time is flying by!