Sunday, April 5, 2009

15w1d - a craving!

I was laying awake in bed for hours thinking I'd fall back to sleep, but no. I should know better. Every now and then something gets out of whack and I wake up way too early. These episodes precede pregnancy, though the frequent bathroom trips probably exacerbate the problem. Now I'm up, having made my tummy happy with some milk, wondering if I should go back to bed or just nap later. Or, maybe both. :) Though I hesitate to spend the last day of my spring break in bed (and with temps over 50 degrees at last!)

As for the point of this post, I was at the mall on Friday, getting a haircut and doing some gift shopping. Aside: I was sure to hit the bathroom both before and after my haircut. My bladder has always been on the small and active side. But, it seems to be aiming for all new levels of frequency.

Anyway, after the to-do list was taken care of, I started feeling very hungry. So, I wandered up to the food court. With over a half-dozen choices you would think something would be appetizing, but no. Pizza? Ugh. Flaming Wok? Meh... and kinda spendy. Ivars? Fish sounds okay, but not fried. A&W is DH's favorite lately, so we eat there too often as it is.

Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I must have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! So, I headed out to the car. All I could think about on the way home was crunchy peanut butter, nestled up against my new blackberry jam washed down with a cold glass of milk (yes, I'm a lactose-addict lately). My easy, cheap, classic lunch lived up to all of my expectations. Now its starting to sound good for breakfast...

3 comments:

To A T said...

LOL I LOVE PB & J!! I had to laugh about Ivars!! I am totally heading there with my mom when I head up to Seattle this weekend! (giving up on veganism for a week) I don't even like fish, but I LOVE their clam chowder! (weird huh?) I've had this weird hankering for their fish and chips lately so I'm going to see if I really still hate fish or if something has been rewired in my brain and pgy has made me like it... I'll let you know how it goes

Anonymous said...

mmmm...makes me want PB&J right now and I'm not preggers!!
And, oddly enough, now crunchy pb sounds good and I NEVER buy that!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm! I love PB&Js. I still bring them to work like I brought them for my school lunches when I was a kid. :)