Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Transmogrification Wardrobe Malfunction

All is well. I'm a bad blogger due to my cpu fan's untimely death. Recent hot temperatures have pushed my poor computer over the edge. Ninety degrees C makes electrons grumpy. So, I'm giving it a rest until a replacement cooler arrives from Amazon.

I'm having some unexpected difficulty adjusting to my changing shape. I was all prepared for my pants to become uncomfortable. I have belly band-type things (black and white). I have maternity pants washed and ready. However, I seriously neglected one vital part of my wardrobe... Most of my shirts and the majority of those I wear to work are too short. My belly is peeking out.

I always put my clothes out the night before, I wake up too darn early to put thought into such things. So, it wasn't until I was ready to leave that I noticed my naked belly was visible most of the way around. My jeans (a regular pair that have always been a little loose) fit just fine. I used by belly band to hide my peeking midsection. It seemed to work. I'll have to give more thought to my shirts though, maybe just get some long tank tops or camisoles to wear underneath.

My breasts are in a strange limbo state between A and B. I've always been in "Almost A" territory. Now I guess I'm almost B. My regular bras (small A) don't fit very well any longer, but Bs are too large. I don't want to buy any standard As because I figure they won't fit much longer. I did manage to find ONE barely B that will help get me by.

The moment I get home I assume a certain position some might consider uncouth... pants undone and hand low on my abdomen, feeling a little one flex some muscle. :)

Must post pictures soon. Must also post about my dream, wherein I gave birth to a roast chicken.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

thank you for the tips on what you did.. wow ill have to look into pre! yeah i heard that fertilaid is almost exactly the same as any prenatal except for chasteberry? er something which helps with ovulation.

The Quarke Family said...

A roast chicken, eh? Nice one.

Bodies do the weirdest things, don't they? I had a really hard time with bras because my actual boobs didn't change that much, but my ribcage got wider to accommodate all my internal organs being shifted around ... took me ages to figure out that I didn't need to keep going up a cupsize to be more comfortable, that it was more an issue of circumference.

... anyway, long ramble short: enjoy buying maternity wear, and I think your camisole idea is very good, I have two that have been fantastically versatile and comfy.

Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for your excitement over my "joining the club!" And,if I were you, I'd look at this new development in your belly situation to be a....SHOPPING TRIP!! :-)

So...I was looking through your old blog posts and am I correct in that you didn't get your first u/s until almost 12 weeks? My first doctor visit is next week (at 8 weeks) and they only told me u/s's are "up to the doctor," but not usually done this early. Argh! I hate that!

ps--from one "A" to another....Yay for growing bb's! ;-)