Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Drive-by update

Belly pics, circa 4 weeks ago:



The coworkers are throwing me a shower tomorrow. I can't wait. I sure hope we REALLY have a girl, because I suspect 90% of what I'm showered with will be some shade of pink. DH wanted to keep things as gender neutral as possible, and I did mention lavender as our primary color, but I get the sense that the surrogate grandmothers at work (a couple dozen of them) have been thrilled about buying girly items. It is cute to see them so excited and to be the reason behind it.

Besides that, things at work have been pretty dismal lately. Layoff notices, a forced move a new office, scattering employees, uncertainty galore. Hence, the shower is being held quite early (I'm not quite 6 months). School is almost out and we won't all be together in the fall. :( So, for now, any cause for celebration has been quite welcome. I'm honored to share the joy, and hope everyone has fun.

I ordered my hostess gifts for the 2 hostesses, personalized post-it notes that I found online. They are both secretaries so I think they will like them. I know I always loved that kind of stuff.

I'll try to be a better blogger now that I've repaired my CPU cooler. I had to temporarily remove the motherboard to do it, but I'm very happy with the results. It even has a blue LED that I can see through my clear case. At a glance, I can tell the fan is still spinning. My computer hasn't overheated or crashed once! I even reinstalled XP, and everything feels clean and nice and fast. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you back and blogging! Hope you have a great shower!!!

To A T said...

I can see your bump!! Man I wish my arms were like yours! Instead they've blown up like balloons EEK!

We want pics of the shower (if you please) :)

PS- I think that's a great hostess gift idea!

Anonymous said...

yay for an early shower!! :-)

the bump looks great!