Sunday, June 28, 2009

3rd Trimester Slump

I think I'm hitting the 3rd trimester slump a week early. I've been clumsy and easily tired all weekend. Though the recent increase in heat probably plays a role too. I did manage to get some weeding, watering, and shopping done, though on a typical weekend I'd have done twice as much.

Another supposed symptom: my crafting drive has been revived. I bought some double pointed needles and circular needles and yarn today (yay, gift card!). My ambitions include legwarmers, socks, and if I'm REALLY motivated, some rudimentary cables. :)

I also find myself desperately desiring a sewing machine. I'm hoping I can get one handed down from a friend, or fish for one on freecycle. My ambitions include hemming my own clothes, sewing a simple curtain, and a rudimentary slipcover for an unuphulstered rocking chair.

Though a tiny voice in the back of my head is nagging me about a crosstitch project I never finished, and a dresser that needs sanding. Shhhh. Learning something new and playing with new toys is much more fun.

Wednesday I get the results of my glucose test. It was not nearly as horrible as I imagined. I did not get a choice of flavors, but the liquid was clear and cold and not as thick as I'd feared. I read my book and listened to the radio for an hour then she brought me back to take my blood. The phlebotomist was as sweet as the drink she gave me. She was also much more skilled than the last woman about finding my vein and causing little to no pain (note to self, left arm is best). I didn't even bruise! Of course it was only 2 vials this time instead of 6.

This next week calls for another belly shot.

Now, back to the title of this post... ZZzzZZzZzzz....

3 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

yaaay for knitting.

Tiffany said...

oo i love knitting and cross stitching.. and sewing and all of the above hehe i always joke with my hubby that im a 60 year old woman stuck in a young body :D

Anonymous said...

I should send you my sewing machine, since I almost never use it. I have AMBITIONS to use it, though. Like you, I have a "simple curtain" project on my horizon!

Hope the slump clears up and you stay awake and alert for last few weeks!! :-)

btw...you know I changed my blog address, right? It's now onemoreinthemix.wordpress.com

:-)