Wednesday, August 19, 2009

34 Week Appt

My appointment went well today, it was pretty brief, and I didn't have to wait as long as I do sometimes...

The heartbeat is in the 150s, and doctor said I'm not growing a big baby but I'm not growing a small baby either. So, would that make this a Goldilocks baby? It sounds just right to me. :)

I think she's still head up, but I'm not sure. Admittedly, I feel all the hiccups very low on the right. But, the firm round hardness poking out from under my ribs is so very headlike. The doctor agreed with me last time. I didn't ask about it this time. The next appointment will be an exam anyway. They will test me for GBS and check the position internally and by ultrasound if needed. I can't wait... two weeks... it will be September. Holy Cow.

To go backwards in time a bit... we reviewed the maternity photos yesterday. They were all so gorgeous, it was hard to choose. But, we didn't want to spend a fortune, and this is a private (not cheap) professional photographer. So, we knew we weren't going to get many prints, just some really special ones to remember this time...

We're buying a 10x10 collage of 4 pics and a 5x7 of just me, and I'm not going to say how much that cost! But, I can't wait to have them, she said 3ish weeks. :) Thanks to DH for the most wonderful birthday gift. The photo shoot was so much fun, I felt like a star. I think more pictures were taken of me on Tuesday than in my entire life beforehand.

Next topic, baby shower. My extended family seems to be reluctant to RSVP... I hope more people show up. :/ I can count 7 that will make it, including me and my mother and the 2 hostesses. But, I'm sure it will be fun regardless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the appointment went well and the pictures turned out great! Your shower will be great, no matter how many people show up. :)

To A T said...

I can't wait to see how they turned out... You'll post them, RIGHT? ;-)

34 wks!! It's going by so fast!! Eee!!

Anonymous said...

Glad the appt went well! So...are you going to be sharing these pics with us when you get them?? :-)

Good luck with the shower!