Sunday, August 16, 2009

Crafty

Short PG update: 34 weeks now, nursery is NOT ready, next Dr appt on Wednesday, baby is still heads up, baby shower next Sunday, did maternity photo shoot last week, will preview the pics on Tuesday, I'm excited!

Now then, aside from working and doing the bare minimum in terms of housework and yardwork, I have been polishing off some old projects. One, I finally beat Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii). I hadn't played in ages, it was fun to finish it. Now there's yet another Wii game we can trade in, I should really go through our embarrasing stack of never-played games. Mario Kart Wii lives in the slot. :)

The other project was a cross stitch, started circa 1999 or thereabouts. I'm pretty sure at one point DH decreed that I would NEVER finish it. Well, if his idea of never was a decade then perhaps he was right, because it's done! See, I bought needles and yarn to start some knitting projects. Then, I found my old cross stitch in a drawer and decided I really should finish it before moving on. So, I did. Here it is:



Right now it's on the speaker on my night stand, DH thinks it should go in the baby's room. Maybe, though it doesn't much fit the theme.

Now, without further ado, knitting! My stitches are NOT even, and I make mistakes. This was my first real attempt at making anything from a pattern. In the past I have knitted slippers (as taught by mom/grandma) and pot holders. Knit, purl, that's it. So, I know I can and should improve upon this.

I found a leaf pattern online, I want to soak it in essential oils and make it into a car freshener. I'm not sure if my half-baked idea will work, but here's' the first attempt:



I don't like the lopsidedness... it must have something to do with the way I cast on the second set of stitches. I also dropped a stitch in there somewhere in one of the decreases. I'm not sure if I'll keep it, or scrap it. But I know I'll try to make another. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the leaf! The edges make it look so real. I can't believe you are at 34 weeks. It seems like yesterday I was reading your BFP post. :)

Mrs. Spit said...

If you send me an email, I can walk you through the increases and decreases. . .

To A T said...

Hooray for finishing some things!! We have too many Wii games that are doing the same thing... sitting unplayed :( Someday we'll get around to them... right?

The leaf looks good to me! ;-)