Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Long update, Crib in the house!

I'll be 33 weeks this weekend! I wish I was a little bigger to be honest. I'm having my maternity portrait done on Tuesday. I guess I have an excuse to pig out this weekend. :P

My appointment today went well, I gained a perfectly acceptable pound from my last appointment. I chatted more with the doc about baby's breechy position. In my doctor's experience, external versions (the procedure to turn a baby forcibly from the outside) are not very successful in people of my body shape/size. That settles it for me, I wasn't very excited about the prospect anyway. I told him a C-Section doesn't freak me out if it comes to that. There is still plenty of time for her to turn (as shown by a recent unscientific google poll of "breech 32 weeks"). However, either she's lazy or things are getting a little snug. She hasn't budged for ~3 weeks.

After my appointment, I went to BRU to finish what we started on Monday. It took an extra few days and an extra trip but we have a crib!

We are very accustomed to stuffing almost anything into our hatchback vehicles (both our old and the new). Anything has in the past included a rain barrel, 8 foot posts, a full sized BBQ, THREE vinyl windows, etc (no, not all at once, but we didn't try so maybe it would have worked).

Truly, they are one part pickup truck one part dimensional pocket.

So, you can see why it did not occur to us *at all* that we'd have trouble fitting the crib. Alas, it appears that the hatchback opening of our car obeys the laws of physics after all. Also, apparently Carters Lifetime cribs have a reputation for coming in LARGE packages. To continue the long story, I had to appeal to my SUV-wielding parents to help us pick up and deliver the crib.

The crib loaded up nicely (just barely). Then, of course, we spent much time wandering through BRU and gawking at all things cute. Eventually, Dad and I had to tear my mom away, even as she limped to yet another clothing rack on her black/blue and possibly broken little toe. The Halloween outfits were awww-inspiring. Ghosty sleepsacks, hooded kitty sleepers with ears, and much orange and black. I know DH would throw a fit if I bought a one-time outfit. But, he can't stop grandma. :)

The crib now sits, still in box, in the living room. It may collect some friends as time passes and we accumulate stuff that has nowhere to go. Programming before painting... speaking of which...

I'm ending this day quite happy and content except for one minor detail. My summer vacation is OVER. :( I go back to work tomorrow, and what a pile of it I go back to. My updates will grow sparse as I spend more time doing and less time writing about doing. The net nanny is not kind to blogger or gmail.

The one bright side to going back to massive quantities of work is this: time is going to FLY like it never has before. I just hope I can snatch a breather to focus on hearth and home before the stork makes an appearance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for cribs! And yay for Grandma's who buy things that we can't bring ourselves to buy!!

ps---can't believe you are already 32 weeks! squee! :-)

pps---glad you aren't worried about whether baby turns or not. I'm sure added mommy stress wouldn't help her get there, anyway.