Saturday, September 19, 2009

Indra is here!

The last time I posted, I had a C-Section scheduled for Friday (yesterday). But, our little girl had other plans! She is a whole 3 days old today, her name is Indra Alexandra.

I will post the cliff's notes version of the update until I have a chance to fit in the whole enchilada.

Monday September 14th – Indra is breech! A c-section is scheduled for Friday

Tuesday September 15th – I work a long day to prepare for leave.

Wednesday September 16th
4am – water breaks! Though not with a gush, so I’m in denial
4:30am – contractions start! No more denial. I wake Ryan to help me
pack (he had just gone to bed).
5:10am – contractions are ~4 minutes apart
5:30am – checked into the hospital
6-7ish - received spinal, surgery begins
7:17am - Indra is born with eyes open and crying!
6 lbs 2 oz, 19 ¼ inches, Apgars 9 and 9

Friday September 19th
1:00pm - Finally came home. :)

You can't tell from the pictures, but our precious little girl is tiny in the most adorable possible way. I'll have to find some other pictures that include more stuff for scale. :)





Last but not least, I'm recovering well and we are SO HAPPY to be home. Dad is beyond awesome, I didn't even change a single diaper until yesterday.

6 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

She's beautiful and spectacular and all things wonderful!

Welcome earthside wee one.

To A T said...

Super Congrats mamma!!! She is the MOST precious thing EVER!!!! Oh my!!

I can't wait to see more pics of her!! She is just too cute !

The Quarke Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Your little girl is absolutely beautiful! Take care of yourself and enjoy this time with her.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, she is amazing and so precious. I can't believe she's finally here!!!

Congratulations!

Tiffany said...

omg! she is adorable! and what a gorgeous name!

Anonymous said...

OMG!OMG! I feel sooooo behind on things! I feel like I just checked your blog...but it must have been Friday or something!

Anyway.....CONGRATULATIONS, Mama!! She is really beautiful and it so good to know that you are all doing well!!
Keep us posted!! :-)