Saturday, September 5, 2009

Week 37 Loud and Clear

I was a little freaked out earlier this week, not just by my progress. I've been seeing unmistakable evidence of plug loss over the past couple of days. While I know it could still be weeks, it is another way my body is telling me to get ready! I'm definitely listening now.

So, I managed to wiggle out of some timelines at work yesterday (boss is having medical issues too, so it really makes sense to put some things off to January for both of us). This is a big relief, now I can focus on properly delegating stuff with what time remains for me at work.

DH's timelines changed too, so now he's free to paint the nursery. Finally, we can BOTH focus on the nest, yay! We'll pick up our bassinet and breastpump and a couple of odds and ends today and make some final decisions about a play yard that my mom wants to get us. Then we'll focus inward.

I have the newborn and 0-3 baby clothes washed. They consist of 10 onesies, 6 sleepers with footies, and a couple of sleep gowns. But, I forgot to wash the socks, I'll have to see how many of those we have. If I don't feel we have enough maybe I'll find an easy pattern and knit a pair. Thanks to the generosity of friends and family we haven't had to buy a single clothing item yet. Though we may pick up a gender neutral outfit today, just in case.

Last but not least, I need to finish sanding the furniture so it can be painted. Its supposed to rain tomorrow but I think I can finish the rocking chair today. Hopefully the dresser can wait until Monday or next weekend...

5 comments:

The Quarke Family said...

How exciting! I haven't been able to check your blog for a while because I've been really busy with our baby, but it's good to see that you're doing well and getting ready for the big arrival!

I know this probably won't be very helpful, but I saw no evidence of any kind (except for the bump dropping) that anything was about to happen, and then ... bang! Waters broke, and that was it! (at 38w4d).

Good luck!

To A T said...

Hooray for 37 weeks!! OMG! It's getting so close!
GL painting the nursery and getting the furniture sanded this weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's so close. That's awesome! Good luck getting the nursery together and finishing up last minute projects. It's almost time!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll risk sounding like a broken record here....MAN, you are so close!! Just remember-- try to relax, get done what you can get done and the rest will work out eventually!

:-)

Tiffany said...

i bet your so excited! wow are you going to be BUSSSSSYYYYY