Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My caffeine addiction

Even before the day's headlines regarding caffeine and miscarriage, I intended to drop it. My last caffeine will be at the end of April. Thereafter, I'm going with teeccino. I haven't even tried it yet but I'm sure I'll find a flavor or two that agrees with me. So long as I can have a hot beverage in the mornings, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

I once drank 1-2 cups of coffee a day at the height of my attachment. It was free, and my job at the time was totally mind-numbing. However, I found a daily coffee habit made sleeping in on Saturdays a painful experience. My brain knew it was missing a certain something long before I intended to wake up. So, I switched to tea during the week and I'm much better off. Coffee is a weekend treat.

That said, my total intake amounts to 1 black tea, 1 or 2 green teas, and 1 can of diet soda each day. While I won't have as difficult a time cutting back as someone with a major habit, I can imagine that there will still be some unpleasantness involved. Maybe I'll make the soda virgin to start out and see how that goes.

No comments: