Monday, May 26, 2008

Inching Closer

I have graduated to *real* prenatal vitamins. See, they have the word PRENATAL on the label. I feel so grown up! No more standard multivitamins for me. They aren't giving me any trouble so far, which is good. I have heard nasty rumors... I have also received my basal body thermometer, it is hard to believe I can actually begin charting next week! I hope there are no AF delays... that will be the first real indicator of my fertility (or lack thereof).

I've read so many blogs, and heard so many cautions about infertility... It is hard not to feel just a little paranoid. This is the main reason why I haven't bought any real pregnancy or baby stuff. The only things I have purchased are books and items with conceptional utility. Hehe, I sound like a science book. Maybe I shouldn't treat it like a science, but that's me.

I was thinking today about my hobbies or interests, and whether our child will adopt any of them. Perhaps not, our little bundle of joy may one day reject all things associated with the parental units. Otherwise, there are two joys I hope to share... reading and gardening.

I am exhausted but happy because the tomatoes are in, better a shade late than never (zone 5). I also need to plant my corn, which is going to town in paper pots as I type. Past corn attempts have not been great, but I am hopeful. I also have pumpkins to get in the ground, and a very large compost pile to start. But, alas, tis the end of the long weekend. It seems half of my gardening plans always get shunted to the next weekend.

Memorial Day: I take a moment now to thank those who have given their lives for others whether in military service or more basic acts of everyday heroism that we seldom hear about.

No comments: