Friday, July 31, 2009

31 Week Belly



See! New belly picture!

I can say I'm definitely feeling pregnant these days. Each change of position takes 50% more effort than it used to, and dropping anything on the floor is a minor tragedy to be greeted with much groaning. But, those are the worst of my complaints so everything must be going well.

I had a couple of nasty bouts of heartburn, the kind that make you realize why major prescription drugs exist to treat it. "Oh, heartburn really can be debilitating!" But, thankfully some generic tums did the trick and it must have been situational/dietary because it hasn't come back.

The family baby shower has been scheduled, whew! Now I need to get the list of addresses to my friend so she can do invites. Everyone is so awesome and sweet. I need to conjure up some suitable hostess gifts.

I can't believe I go back to work full time next Thursday. Ugh. I could use a few more weeks to finish work projects, grant projects, and oh yeah, that nursery project... Alas, I can focus better on the work projects once I'm back at work anyway. It should all be done in a couple of weeks, same with the grant project. The lion's share of the nursery work will be DH's domain anyway, and we'll have almost all of September to work on it (I hope).

I know some women get crabby and feel done with being pregnant about now... while in some ways I'd like to have my body back (intimate relations really aren't worth the trouble at this point), I'm not impatient in the least. Also, air conditioning makes everything more bearable. :)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

ahh lookie! now if only you could post a video of you trying to waddle throughout your day! you look cute pregnant, cute in a non hitting on you type of way.. like some women look awful preggo, and they look miserable you look very content!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I still can't believe you only have 9 weeks left. :)

Tiffany said...

(in reply to comment on my page)

well i have many people telling me to write a book, i started one months and months ago and truly enjoyed doing so! maybe i should sneak back into that huh? and yes she has always been a basket case as far back as i can remember, when i was real young when my father was still alive she worked a lot so i rarely saw her andthen my dad killed himself the day before my 13th birthday and she quit her job and hasnt truly worked since. shes... quite the character huh?

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are an adorable preggo chick! :-)

Glad you are still feeling mostly good and I feel you on the having to go back to work thing. This is my last week. Wah!!!