Saturday, September 13, 2008

2WW

Word has gotten around that we are trying. There is an ongoing joke at work about how my boss is slipping birth control into the water. When asked, I've been saying, "I have no news on that subject."

Just today, the dreaded event happened. I received TTC advice from my mother (disguised as innocently passing along info from my aunt).  "A well-worn path grows no grass." Thanks. I reminded her gently that the internet provides all of the info I could possibly need on the subject and more. Besides, we abstained for 3 days before the positive OPK, and even under fatigue I think DH has enough swimmers to do the job.  It's all up to me.  My mom also tried to mention ovulation predictors. I said I was aware of them. 

In truth I don't really mind all that much. What I mind far more is waiting. I guess I can enjoy stringing everyone along in the mean time.  I *think* I had a positive OPK on Thursday and I had plenty of wet CF yesterday if I'm not mistaken. So, the wait begins.

I really really hope this is the cycle, because I might miss O next cycle due to a conference I'm going to for work.

2 comments:

To A T said...

I just love how everyone thinks that you need their 2cents on TTC! I try to avoid that subject altogether lol! Although it was nice that just last week my doc confirmed that I have far more knowledge on the subject than most patients :) (thank you message boards lol!)

I've got my crossables crossed that you caught the eggie!! ;-)

To A T said...

Okay sorry this is completely off topic, but I had to let you know I LOVE A Song of Fire and Ice too!
George RR Martin has taken WAY too long finishing this last book!!

Neato that you live in Spokompton too!:)