Saturday, September 6, 2008

I bought it...

I bought a (relatively) inexpensive semen analysis microscope. While I have no clear and present reason to think there's anything wrong with DH's swimmers, I'm a proactive kind of person.  I thrive on information.  I started four months ago by charting before we even started trying, to get a feel for my cycles sans the pill. Since everything seems okay with my cycles and ovulation (a little light on the CM, supplementing with preseed), the next step is the swimmers. I'm just feeling everything out, starting with the least invasive measures.

DH is a firm proponent of daily "activities", and we would like to know, for sure, if frequency is hurting our chances or not.  If the swimmers aren't where/how we would like them to be, we'd like to have an easy way to tell if lifestyle changes are having an impact (I realize some lifestyle changes can take months to produce results).  

I firmly believe in the ability to impact one's own reproductive health through lifestyle choices.  Of course, there are biological conditions to which this does not apply. Also, it can be taken to extremes and lead a person down the merry path to insanity.  That said, I think modern medicine thrives on pills and procedures while giving short shrift to lifestyle. Lifestyle is way cheaper than modern medicine (especially on our insurance), so if we need any help I figure we'll cover those bases first. 

There, now I feel firmly justified in my purchase. :)

I'm feeling positive about CD3 thus far.  I'm actually trying to pay attention to a part of my body I've spent the last 10 years oppressing.  It feels good. 

2 comments:

To A T said...

I have wondered if these were worth the money? You will have to let us know how it all goes :)
GL!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I never even knew they made them!