Thursday, November 13, 2008

Can Has Letters!

I have been putting it off in the back of my mind... the results of my RE.5NA exam. They said it could be 6 weeks, and I almost hoped it would be even longer. But, it wasn't. The envelope in my box this morning was white and large. I couldn't remember if large was good or bad. So, I took it quietly toward my office to read it in peace, only I didn't get quite that far. The hall was empty of onlookers. Seemingly of their own volition, my anxious fingers broke the seal.

I slid some papers from the envelope. A few words flashed in front of my eyes, "pleased to inform..." Wait, they wouldn't be pleased if I'd failed right? My gaze skipped further down the page, "Congratulations!"

As the reality settled in, a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. I'd been shoving my fear of the results to the back of my mind for weeks, only to have my mind wander and wish I could take back some of the answers I'd given. But, that's all over now!

Bring on persons with various impairments (especially those seeking computer access and educational assistance), I am now an ATP (Assi.stive Techn.o1ogy Professona1)!

There is an odd thing on my certificate. It says I'm an ATP effective until October 13, 20099. Does that mean I don't have to re-up my certification next year? :p

1 comment:

To A T said...

Congrats on passing the test!!!! YAY!!!