Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Synchronicity

I chose to read the old book that has been on my shelf for years (haven't started Wicked yet). I used to belong to the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Club. It started when I was about 16, and books were one of my indulgences with money from my first job. I loved the fantasy novels. I was also a sucker for the grab bags they sent over the years to entice me to come back to membership.

One of these grab bags contained Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. I'm actually enjoying it. Its just under 600 pages with a small typeface, a good solid read. I'm nearly halfway through.

But, something interesting happened after I had read but a chapter of the book that sat on my shelf for a half dozen years. I was flipping TV stations when I noticed a televised fantasy movie, and heard some familiar words. Sure enough, it was a broadcast of the book I had just started reading. I watched a little, just enough to be certain, just enough to take note of some of the differences between the plot of the book and the screenplay. I didn't spoil anything.

But, it just kinda struck me. If I had seen that movie on TV but a week ago it would have no meaning for me. Yet, since I had begun reading the book it did.

I love catching moments of synchronicity in my life. They make me appreciate the wonder and mysticism of the universe. Like, being introduced to a new word or concept and seeing it come up later the same day (sometimes more than once). These things are in no way related causally. Perhaps that initial exposure just makes us more attuned to seeing them later. But, it tickles the spirit in some way that I can't help but appreciate.

CD27, average cycle length has been 27-29. Last cycle was 21 days due to vacation issues. No sign of AF yet, and I did not get post-O nipple agony. I haven't been charting or using OPKs, so who knows if O occurred. I'm just chilling out about it for now. If needed I'll test Friday. I suppose my mood could be considered cautiously hopeful.

1 comment:

To A T said...

I hope you get your BFP on Friday!! I am crossing all my crossables for you!