Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Wishing my fellow Americans a happy 4th of July (and a happy Saturday to others). I will be the obligatory designated driver this evening, following the BBQ at my brother's house. I've made and am bringing the classic family potato salad, by request. :)

Today I am also celebrating the beginning of the 3rd trimester. Could I really be holding a baby in my arms in 84ish days??? I alternate joy and terror at the thought. Much left to be done...

My MIL brought us a slightly used changing table and carseat, and I truly appreciate her generousity. Though I have my concerns about a used carseat. We already have the brand new one with the travel system, so we were just going to get another base for it for our other car. I'll have to look it up and make sure it hasn't been recalled. Or, I could give it to my parents for occasional use. Anyway, less stuff to buy is great.

I've also been sanding my old dresser. I have one more drawer left to sand, and then the whole dresser piece. I also have 2 little bookshelf/nightstands to sand. Then I'm going to paint it all white. Maybe if I get ambitious I'll stencil some dragonflies on it. That leaves the following big items to buy: crib, cosleeper/bassinet, and pack n'play (for downstairs and grandparents). We have some gift cards that should help with that.

Yesterday we bought paint! Imperial Plum, Zero Voc, I can't wait to see it on the walls. We're also buying 3 windows for downstairs. All of our current windows in the livingroom are ancient and painted shut. It will be so very welcome to have an air conditioner and a cross breeze.

Surely the economy should recover swiftly though our efforts. :p

No comments: