Monday, July 20, 2009

Sokay

All is well, especially on the pregnancy and health front. Though there are a few items under my skin as of late in the drama category.

DH has decided he hates our childbirth class. Admittedly, I haven't gotten much out of it, and I don't truly blame him. He hasn't decided if he's willing to go to another or not. I hope so... One, we paid for it. Two, there are some other subjects they will cover that we are both interested in. Three, if I show up alone I know I'll be pointed out (the instructor pointed out someone who was solo last class...) If we can just get the agenda (she still doesn't have it yet due to problems scheduling the pediatrician - one of the classes I want to go to) then maybe we can talk about which ones we still want to go to.

I've covered most birthing topics in even greater detail via my birthing books and the internet. I might highlight a few items for DH to take note of. Maybe we'll do some at-home education if we decide not to go to certain classes. I must do the hospital tour though. I'm still quite happy with the hospital.

The other drama item is the family baby shower, and scheduling issues. Those who are throwing the party for me are only available on the day/days that my mother is not available. Sigh. I'm trying not to stress about it, but I'm playing go between so it grumps me out.

Last but not least, DH doesn't want my mom in the room during the actual pushing/birthing part. That would kinda be okay with me, I tend to undergo certain regressions when with my mother that would probably not be productive. Except, she kinda already thinks she'll be there and I have to figure out how to uninvite her. I'm not going to lie or make anything up, or "forget" to call her when I'm going to the hospital. I just need to find a good way to be straightforward about it.

So, there's my vent. I'd take these problems over more serious ones any day! On the bright side, the 90 degree heat has been much more bearable so far than I expected, especially since we don't get air conditioning until Wednesday at the earliest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works itself out so you can enjoy these last weeks of your pregnancy!