Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Big Three-Oh

Today I turn 30... Even now my fingers hit the number 2 first and I had to correct myself. It seems strange to me, becoming an age I once considered "old". But, there is no denial, no teeth gnashing. Its just a number that I will probably have to remind myself of several times in the coming months before it sticks.

That said, it is of course a decade of significance for trying to conceive. I always told DH I wanted to be a mom before 30. Well, I'm not a mom yet, but I'm in the process of trying (charting, to get a handle on my next cycle). So, I'm happy with that. Life circumstances nudged things back a year, I wanted to finish my AA, I wanted to be secure in my job. I really hope I'm actually a parent before 31 though. Its all up to the biology now.

Speaking of.. Fertility Friend thinks I ovulated on CD16, and I think it was earlier. My CM isn't neatly matching up with my temperature rise. So, I'm not sure what to think about that. I hope I have a good luteal phase though. So, I am officially CD 19, 3 DPO and waiting for AF, but hoping she doesn't show too soon.

We now have both boy and girl names picked out, but no, I'm not sharing! DH picked out the boy name, and I really love his choice. It is our perfect comination of unusual, significant, but easy to spell and easy to pronounce. The fact that the names are unusual leads me to want to keep them sekrit. Some people may not approve. But, once the baby is born and named there's nothing anyone can do about it. :)

I've been celebrating my BD a bit all weekend. Yesterday we went to my parents' for BBQ. Mom gave me just what I asked for, a B&N certificate. What I spend it on depends on how tough of a time we have TTC. :) We are supposed to go out to breakfast this morning, and my brother is going to visit later today. I had best drag DH out of bed so we can get ready for eating! At breakfast, I'm going to be a good girl and skip the coffee. I think I'll go for OJ instead.

No comments: