Sunday, June 8, 2008

CD5

Tonight I will be officially off the pill! As soon as I quit spotting, it will be time to check CM ~3 times daily. I really hope I get some information. Temping is only good in retrospect, it will be CM that tells me when the right time is!

I'm on a forum where another woman had come off Seasonale and her cycles went right back to normal. So, I really hope that will be me too! If our first two cycles of trying do not bear fruit, then I'm going to go into intervention mode. Intervention mode includes some of the following:

Me
Acupuncture
Vitrex/Chasteberry
Read The Infertility Cure
Buy an OPK

DH
Boxers
Home semen analysis

I looked at kits once that came with their own microscope and lessons on how to interpret sperm count and motility. I think we'd love to do it this way for several reasons... I've heard sperm quantity/quality can vary widely based on many factors so this would prevent repeat visits to a clinic. Second, DH would not enjoy the clinical environment (who does?). Third, our insurance wouldn't cover it anyway. Fourth, it would be really cool to have a powerful microscope at home. :)

That said, I hope we don't need to do any of those things! It still seems like a 50/50 chance to me. Either we conceive by Fall or not. Only time will tell. Today I'm going to go out and do major yard work to distract myself from the waiting game.

No comments: