Friday, June 6, 2008

CD3

Hosting AF and dragging my bum all week. But, this time of the month is different from all those that have come before it. I'm taking my temp on waking every morning. :) I'm armed with TCOYF, a BBT, a notepad near the bed, and a free FF account to chart in. I write down my temp each morning and look forward to entering it in FF on returning home from work. So far, it has been very easy to remember to take my temperature. But, I never have had a difficult time making a new habit if it leads me to my goals.

It still doesn't feel like I've quit the pill. Mostly, I would be taking placebos for a week anyway before starting a new cycle. When AF is gone, then I will start to feel more like it. Charting CM will be a new experience to say the least... Will I ovulate? What is my cycle like, au naturale, after so many years of hormonal intervention? This is the biggest piece of drama going on in my life right now. Either my day-to-day existence is utterly boring, or I am thoroughly obsessed.

Speaking of which, I've decided to break my no alcohol before TTC restriction. I read an article suggesting that women who drink wine get pregnant faster. I was, of course, skeptical. So, I looked up the abstract from the study to check the details. It seems totally legitimate. While only fools assume causality, the mere fact that the alcohol drinkers didn't have a *more* difficult time getting pregnant suggests to me that I can get away with imbibing while we wait with no ill effects.

Mmmm, merlot. I hope you enjoyed your Friday too. ;)

No comments: