Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tagged: Sad Songs

Thanks much to Ophelia for the tag!

This one is songs that make us cry. Now, I don't typically get teary over songs, except for certain emo times when just about any song will make me cry. :) I'm more likely to have NPR news on than music most days. But, there are a couple of tunes that have a melancholy emotion attached:

Good Friend by Nine Days
The lyrics pretty much explain it all. Several years ago I had to part ways entirely with a good friend, and while it was the best and right thing to do, I'll never forget.

Shadow of the Day by Linkin Park
I'm not a typical Linkin Park fan, I was really shocked to find out who made this song because I loved it (in a very sad way) when I first heard it. This song just speaks to me of inescapable mortality. It's a subject I know I haven't entirely dealt with. I hope I have a lifetime to figure it out.

No comments: