Saturday, August 23, 2008

Three Contradictions About Me

I was tagged by To A T for a meme I did already, but I like being tagged! So, I decided to make up my own meme instead of repeating it. :)

Three Contradictions About Me

1. I work in education, but am not a teacher. Instead I work in IT and Special Ed technologies. My official title is pretty worthless in describing what I do. I manage databases, data, compliance, and forms. I help people use technology. I problem solve with teachers and therapists in providing accommodations needed by students with disabilities. On a rare occasion, I will have the chance to work with a student in person.

2. I am a techno geek, but I can relate. I try to speak to people at their level, wherever that may be. I can help someone learn left-click vs right-click without losing my patience. I try to encourage people to take one step beyond what they know, instead of berating them for what they don't know.

3. I love love love animals but am horrendously allergic to just about all of them. Our only pet is a brine shrimp in an ecosphere. I love horses, but can't be around them unmedicated. I want a dog someday, but I'm afraid it will never happen. DH loves cats, and they are the worst. I have to check and see if someone has pets before I can go to their house. Even then, I sat next to someone with a cat-hairy sweater at a party where there were NO pets... and I had to leave early because of wheezing, sneezing, etc. TTC has made it worse because I can't take my favorite meds. :( I was at my brother's house the other night, and we had to hang outside or in his garage because he has a cat. I'm afraid people think it's all in my head. :(

Do you have any contradictions?

6 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Let's see

I work in banking, but I can't tell you what the prime interest rate is.

I am not creative, but I knit and scrapbook. Can't stand card making.

Am an amazing cook, but I absolutely can't make rice. Just can't. No point in giving me your no fail rice receipe, I'll just wreck it.

Not Yet A Vet said...

Howdy from ICLW!

Very neat idea for a meme! I'm sorry you're so allergic to animals! Have you ever tested yourself around "hypoallergenic" pets such as devon rex or sphynx cats? I know there are some hypoallergenic dog breeds as well.

Here's my contradiction: I'm really outgoing in person, but I have a hard time coming out of the shadows and commenting. That's why ICLW is so great, because now I have a reason to step outside my comfort zone!

faedrake said...

Welcome Tyler! Do you have a blog I can pay a visit to?

I didn't have problems around my cousin's Shih Tzu, I might look that direction one day. Of course, DH doesn't want anything to do with the hairless/low hair cat breeds.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from ICLW...

My contradictions:

I am a great cook and I now have a fabulous gourmet kitchen, but I almost never use it.

I took piano lessons for many years as a kid, but now I play just a few times a year -- and I have a piano in my house.

Running is my main form of exercise, but I hate almost every minute until I'm done.

I absolutely love my career, but I am dreading going in to work tomorrow on a Sunday.

Thanks for the meme!

To A T said...

As soon as I posted you for the meme I looked at your blog again and saw that you had already done it... oops! I guess I should have looked first, but I love that you came up with your own!!

Some contradictions about me:

I work in healthcare but I am not a doctor or a nurse or really anyone that sees patients at all- I do accounts receivable, but I absolutely LOVE it!

I love to cook, but unless I have a recipe with VERY SPECIFIC instructions things never turn out how they should.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Here from ICLW.

That's too bad about the animal allergies. :(

My contradiction: I work with blood all day but hate getting my blood drawn. Or watching any of those bloody surgery things on TV.