Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby Inside!

Pics later, I either have to take them with my camera, or sneak them in to work where I can use the scanner.

In retrospect, I feel lucky our appointment happened! Their office had 3 doctors out, so my OB was covering and busy.  When we arrived he was delivering a baby at the hospital next door, so the official part of the appointment started an hour late.  In the mean time, the nurse took my weight and BP, and we talked to the billing lady and had to sign a contract.  Finally, my Dr was available.

He did the exam, and felt my uterus.  Yep, its that growing hardness beneath my belly button that I was wondering about.  Next he hooked me up for the  transvaginal ultrasound.  Wow!  It was sooo cool.  The baby squirmed, rubbed face, waved, kicked etc while its little heart beat away at 165 bpm.  I was glad DH was there to see it all. They left us with 5 pictures, which are awesome but don't even compare to the live motion view.

I mostly just stared in awe, smiling, nodding and trying remember everything my Dr. said.  He said all looks well, "perfect" even and that we'd probably hear him say that many times throughout the pregnancy.  I hope he's right.  I am really happy with my OB, and glad he was able to get to us before he had to rush off and deliver baby #5 for the day (and I overheard that there would be a C-section after that). Next appt in 4 weeks.

So, unfortunately, my parents won't both be in the same place (and awake) until Sunday evening, so I'll have to wait to tell them then.  I plan on breaking the news to my poor boss on Monday. :)

To Do List:  Get my u/s pictures digitized, and take another belly pic, and post all of the above.  I guess I'm not "just" bloated after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! Hello Baby!!!

Can't wait to see the pics!

To A T said...

EEE!!! What a great update!! (Sorry I'm a little late- life has been a little crazy)
I bet you have a little baby girl in there... that's my official guess ;-)
I can't wait to see you pics and maybe some belly pics soon :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Fantastic news. :) I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome and I also can't wait to see the pics!!

Arms and legs and face....really??
:-)