Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wheels

I must admit last week was fun. We have over 100 people who pop in and out of the office, so many of them were not around for the big announcement on Monday. It seems there were a couple people each day that I told, or that "found out" and were happy and thrilled.

All is quiet on the oven front. I'm trying to be healthy and hanging out in the holding pattern. I've been very thirsty lately, and water really isn't my most favorite drink. Milk and juice only get me so far. I'd probably be sucking down green tea if it were not for the folic acid absorption issue. I've tried throwing honey and lemon at my water with modest success. Next I may try some gatorade drink mix.

I have bloating that comes and goes, but no real bump. I can find my uterus when I look for it, but it isn't making itself incredibly obvious just yet. I'm impatient for showing and movement. I will post belly pics once I have one that shows some difference from my first pic.

It was funny, apparently my dad has started badgering my mom about when she's going to get on with planning a baby shower. He also wants to go shopping. I think its cute my dad is almost/even more excited than my mom.

Last but not least, the title of this post. This weekend we are car shopping, hoping to officially buy next weekend. Our current car is 11yrs old, cracked windshield, no air conditioning, golf cart that would collapse at the first sign of collision with the monster trucks that drive around here. So, we're aiming at a Honda Fit. Still small and economical, with more doors, a/c, and safety. I'm excited!

4 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

NO GATORADE!

It's really great for althletes, and less so for the rest of us.

Can you make decaf iced tea with no sugar? Or I used to drink those crystal light things, not too often, but I found water had a funny taste!

Anonymous said...

Woot woot! Hooray for a new car!

To A T said...

Yay for a new car!! :) Fits are super cute! And I love that your dad is super excited too :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for buying a cute mommy mobile! :)