Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break!

I should be grocery shopping, but a post is long overdue! All is entirely well. If it was any more well I would dissolve into a puddle of wellness.

I've resolved my fluids dilemma for now with Tang and Ovaltine (no, not mixed together). I'm diluting them generously to avoid sugar overload. So far so good. I've also just now succeeded at baking a nice batch of bran muffins (with a sprinkle of raisins and walnuts). They are actually edible, and on my first try! I munched two right away.

We picked up our new car Monday night. It is so cute, I love it. I'm going to get used to it all too soon. I've been calling it the baby carriage. At some point down the road, if all goes well, DH will occasionally need to keep the new car while I work because he will have baby errands. It will be strange to drive our old car. :)

I made my first maternity purchase at Target yesterday, a BeBand (bella band substitute). I don't have to use it yet, but that day is approaching, especially after eating at Olive Garden for dinner last night. :p I would estimate my weight gain to date at an average of 3 pounds, though I feel rounder and heavier in many respects. We also bought new pillows (DH likes the 2nd most expensive kind in existance!) so our old pillows are going to form the first pillars of my sleep support system.

My only "poor me" at the moment (*insert flogging for being a whiner here*) is impatience. I want to feel movement, it has been a whole 17 days since we saw our stickie moving on the ultrasound. Who knows what's going on in there now? My other impatience is gender identification. I'm a convicted planner, and I want to plan dangit. Though I admit, girl or boy, lavender is going to play a role. I'd also like to look pregnant instead of like I've been a glutton.

I'm aware I have an bloggish award out there somewhere, I will have to see to that soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing and feeling well!
Yay! :-)