Monday, March 16, 2009

The world knows + u/s pic

We told my mom and dad last night.  I wore a shirt to work today that said "Baby Loading..." with a progress bar.  :)

First, my parents. This will be their first grandbaby, and DH and I have been married for 9 years.  So, yes, they were thrilled.  I had the pretense of bringing over a flier my dad asked me to make.  I gave him a copy of the flier, and my mom a copy of the ultrasound. She said, "Is this you???"  She was jubilant, they both are.  Though she said I should have told her, she would have been there for the u/s.  Sorry mom, it was wierd enough having DH there for my pelvic exam and vaginal ultrasound.  I just told her I wanted to be sure everything was okay first.  She can come to the next abdominal ultrasound.

Then, she was all about baby names.  Apparently she'd be thrilled if a grandchild was named after her nickname.  Sorry mom, don't think so. Yes,  we have names picked out, no we aren't telling anyone (even the anonymyous-net) because you'd all think the names are wierd, or would want to steal them.  I did tell her not to worry too much, we have standards.  1. Easy to spell.  2. Easy to pronounce. 3. Don't BEG to bemade fun of.  Then I deflected by asking what SHE wanted to be named.  Nana T-, I like it.  :)

At work today it was all surprised and happy hugs and joy.  Though a couple of the more observant ladies noticed I'd seemed a little more run down than usual lately.  The big shocker, even my boss was happy.  He didn't flinch too much at the date either.  Though later on he was talking to people (very much tongue in cheek) about allowing me only 2 weeks off and setting me up a workstation at home and a crib at work. :p  That reminds me, I tried to call HR today, but my HR lady was out.

I feel on the edge of... not a freakout but... something... now that everyone knows.   It is starting to sink in, not for real but for surreal.  It's as if I'm beginning to take steps out of the life I've known and into someone else's. Figuratively, my skin does not quite feel like my own.  I'm looking into the mirror and seeing someone else's face.  I'm waking in the morning to live someone else's life. I have no doubts that I'll adjust, adaptability is one of my strong suits.  These are interesting times.  This is why:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mommy! Thanks for sharing the pic :) I couldn't wait to see it!!!

To A T said...

OH what a cute LO you've got in there!! Love the u/s pic :) Isn't it funny how people at work "just had a feeling" before you told them. I highly doubt though, that a few weeks ago they could have guessed it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Look at that adorable little bean! And I think the way you told work was sooooo cute. :)

Anonymous said...

SOOO happy for you! I don't blame you for not sharing names...lots of people decided to keep that a surprise!

I'm so bad at "reading" ultrasounds. But, I'm sure if could tell which little piece of fuzzy matter was your bean, I'd tell you how adorable it was!!
:-)

Tiffany said...

oh goodness i am so happy for you! i can only imagine how excited your parents and co-workers are fo ryou! how exciteing..