Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Intentions for Cycle 7

My intentions are thus:  

Drink lots of green tea.
Imbibe until New Years (not constantly, but no deprivation either)
If my next cycle hasn't started by then, test on January 25th~ish

That's it.

I'm trying to stay away from constant fertility information and comiseration. I moved my shortcut to the forums so my visits have been rare.  I still find myself reading my favorite blogs because I feel somewhat invested in the outcomes, as invested as one can get through characters on a computer screen.  I think I'm going to drop out of the TTC livejournal group I recently joined.  I have little connection there.

The energy I have placed upon hunting for information, and trading impatient sentiments, I hope to redirect toward something more immediately fulfilling and constructive, like...

My programming project for work - I have a big helping of "I don't wanna" when it comes to this.  Yet, if I can just get going on it, I will become immersed, and the outcome is very important.  I need to have it 95% done by January 5th.

Getting a FileMaker certification. 

Learning more tunes on my keyboard.

Exercising (Wii Yoga or my beginning pilates routine if nothing else)

Writing (finishing my NaNo from 2005)

If productive pursuits seem like the bane of my existance, I can always turn my attention to games.  On the Wii I could finish Zelda or MarioKart or play more Sims Pets.  On the DS, I have one game I'm in the middle of and two others to start. On the computer, I can ALWAYS play more CivIV.

I really need a new book to read...  I don't want to buy the next Twilight book, as a coworker said she'd lend it to me after break.  Yet, I don't really have anything else to read between now and then.  Maybe I'll pick up the China Study or other nonfiction used from Amazon or something. 

The point of this post: I have plenty to do in terms of entertainment or productivity that has nothing to do with TTC.  So, I'm trying not to go there as much as possible.

2 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Ohhh Civ. Have you tried beyond the sword? I have an extra copy (don't ask) and I'm happy to send it to you.

what about pillars of the earth and world without end, both large stories by Ken Follet. Engaging and wholly removed from our time (set in the dark ages in England)

To A T said...

I hope this step back does your body some good hon!! Sometimes we all need a little (or big) TTC break.

I would recommend the China Study (but you already know that) I have decided to try and read my way through our (at home) library, so I started Jude the Obscure yesterday. We'll see how this goes... especially when I get to Chaucer in old English! I've heard the Kite Runner is really good although I haven't read it.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas