Friday, February 6, 2009

My Kind of Friday

DH went to bed early (his sleep schedule is novel-worthy, but I'm too tired to explain).  I made myself dinner which included shrimp (DH avoids seafood of all stripes) and watched the remainder of the News Hour with Jim Leher.  Shields and Brooks night, woot!  <--- No sarcasm there

After my meal and my uber-dry news, I began the activity I'd been waiting for since yesterday.  I curled up with the last few chapters of Breaking Dawn.  Ahhh, this is Friday. Just me and my imagination as prompted by Stephenie Meyer.  Alas, it is over now.  No more of that to be had. I'm not sure how interested I am in the prequels...  I guess I'll go back on a nonfiction kick for a while.  I'm not holding my breath for George RR Martin.

Now, I'm wrapping up my evening by posting and drinking root beer, trying to settle my stomach a bit before bed.  The nausea is at its worst for me between 4pm and 10pm.  Every morning I wake up thinking, "Its gone, is something wrong?" every evening it reminds me that it isn't just a morning affliction, or a morning affliction at all for me so far.

I should be and am extremely grateful for that fact (among others). I'm not sure how I'd drag myself to work every day at I-should-still-be-sleeping-o'clock in the morning otherwise.

4 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Mine was worst from 8-10 and from about 2-11. Totally sucked.

Are you eating every 2 hours? protein and a complex carb? Cheese and crackers? Nuts and dried fruit?

It helps. . .(doesn't eliminate, but helps)

Emily, Eva and Kerstin said...

I found that the later it got, the worse it got for me. Unfortunately, I do most of my work in the evenings (TEFL teaching), but like Mrs Spit said, food on the hour every two hours (max!) really helps.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the evening sickness has kicked in. Whoever decided to call it "morning sickness" anyway?? That is just silly! Can't wait to hear how your appt goes!!

faedrake said...

Thanks for the tips.

I think I've been eating every couple of hours, if not more. I haven't lost anything yet, just feel kinda motion sick.

I like snacking on fruit and peanut butter, trail mix, hummus and crackers, chips and salsa and cheese, etc. I picked up some ginger ale and peppermint tea at the grocery store.