Monday, February 9, 2009

The silver-lined cloud

I had spoken to my boss and coworkers to let them know I would be leaving early to run errands.  I had my cargo out in the car (hoping it wouldn't freeze).  It was 10am, I was away from my desk helping someone learn Excel charts.  I took my time there, happy to see the minutes tick by until departure time.  I figured I'd leave by 11:15 because the midday traffic can get a little hairy.

When I made it back to my desk there was a voicemail from my Dr's office... Apparently the nurse I was supposed to see is sick and they want to reschdule me. *pouts*  So, I called back and rescheduled.  The receptionist was quite apologetic, and they got me an appointment the following Monday which just happens to be President's Day. :)

Already asked for time off + didn't bring anything for lunch + appointment rescheduled for a day off = time to go home!  So, I'm home.  While I'm anxious to get some professional cofirmation of my "condition", it is just going to be a conversation with a nurse.  Maybe next week I'll be far enough along that they can schedule the u/s.

As for now, I'm feeling tired so I may nap. But, later I plan on using my extra time to make lasagne. :)

2 comments:

To A T said...

Dang! Sorry the nurse was sick and they couldn't get you in for another week. Have you thought about getting b/w for reassurance? I guess you could always POmoreS?

I hope you get an u/s soon!!

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up at Tiff's comment (POmoreS)! I hope you are far enough along to get an u/s. That would be exciting! :)