Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Almost ill

I'm thinking about skipping yoga/pilates tonight...  

I didn't get enough sleep last night due to every fault of my own.  Blame Breaking Dawn.  

Next, I don't know if it was eating too much at lunch, or if that piece of chocolate cake just pushed me over the top.  It didn't seem like that much when I was eating...  a small bowl full of cottage cheese and pears followed by beef/peapods/rice leftovers followed by chocolate cake from someone's birthday.  It was a corner slice with too much frosting, which I typically hate, but I ate it anyway.  

I slogged through my afternoon, came home, crashed, and slept for nearly 2 hours.  Now, if I want to make my class I should be eating right now so I have time to digest.  Yet, I don't feel like it at all. I'm not having clear and present nausea... its more like a vague motion-sick over-full feeling.  I'd really rather not push it.

DH keeps telling me the class was my idea and I have no obligations to anyone. So, maybe I'll try some gentle stretching at home and call it good.

None of this is really jumping out at me and saying "you're pregnant!" though that is the obvious cause.  It is still kinda hard to believe, like I expected it to be WHAM, and force me to hug some porcelain.  Instead, I've just got some nagging fatigue and unease of the stomach. Okay, I need to think about something else now.

Here's to 6 weeks!  DH votes for the title, "Growing Expectations" which is super nice and fitting, but the desire to be funny is making me seriously consider: "can haz baby?" 

4 comments:

The Quarke Family said...

That almost-ill feeling sounds very familiar. It started at around 6 weeks for me and then developed into permanent-mild-hangover-with-a-touch-of-the-flu-and-serious-exhaustion. I still can't get over how gradually it snuck up on me and affected everything without me really realizing.

I hope it stays like this for you (at acceptable levels), and that it passes really soon! I'm convinced that being tired really compounds it, so I hope you can get lots of rest.

Be good to yourself take it super-easy. Good luck!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Cheers to 6 weeks!!!

Get lots of rest!!!

Can Haz Baby... lol!

To A T said...

6 weeks already?! Yay :)
I'm guessing the almost sick feeling is m/s setting in. That's about when it will start to hit you :( I hope it isn't too bad hun!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE "Can Haz Baby"! That is so funny. And yay for 6 weeks! I hope the nausea doesn't last long. Remember: crackers and ginger ale. :)