Friday, February 27, 2009

9w3d FRIDAY!

It was a long busy week at work. I'm happy to be home.

Though I have a few things on my list this weekend too.  I've decided to sign up for the next 6 weeks of my yoga/pilates.  It really helps relax me after a stressful day at work, and I know I won't exactly have the discipline for just doing videos on my own. 

The u/s feels so far away... To some extent, I feel like it none of this will be real to me until I have something tangible to look at.  For all I know, there could be an alien, leprechaun, or tumor in there!  I must see baby!  Then I can relax a bit and tell the whole world.  Alas, 12 days 22 hours and 18ish minutes.  I have a ticker for it on my iGoogle page.  It is titled, "Planting Seeds".  :p   I can probably order my announcement shirt now. Even that will take a smidge of faith and courage for some odd reason.

Gender thoughts: I will love and cherish whatever gender of human the universe sees fit to bless us with, without disappointment. That said, a girl would be lovely for a few reasons. DH says he would feel more comfortable raising a girl (though I'm not sure he says that from a place of objective reasoning).  The spare bedroom is already pink, with textured walls that I'd not be eager to repaint.  Last but not least, I'd love to cultivate a mother daughter relationship.  There is nothing necessarily wrong with my relationship with my mother, but there have always been layers of guardedness, times I've tried to confide that weren't exactly received in the most receptive fashion. 

I know I'll be a less than ideal parent on several levels. I'm sure nothing will be perfect.  Just imperfect in a different way, perhaps. :)

Now, to grab a snack and pour over the latest issue of Organic Gardening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about your first u/s and how you break the news to everyone! I hope the next 12 days fly by. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are going to be a GREAT parent the leprechaun...no need to worry!
:-)