Saturday, January 10, 2009

A little red sin...

I feel no guilt or shame, despite being in the 2ww. You see, I was being good,  bringing in groceries.  DH was napping.  On my second trip in from the car the neighbor's pit bull jumped over their porch wall into our yard and charged me.

I flew at warp speed into the house and slammed the door behind me. I got a picture of the dog through the front door window. I called animal control (they never came, maybe Monday...). I had a civil chat with neighbor man (who still doesn't seem to recognize the severity of the problem).  I talked DH down from doing anything extreme. I wrote it all down. Then I paced and DH/I kvetched for an hour or so.

You see, I needed something to calm my nerves. It was a very small glass of merlot.  I only bought it because DH likes it in the stew.  Please do not report me to CPS.  I swear, if I am ever so fortunate as to be graced with a BFP it will not happen again.

2 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Holy crap, you only had a small one?

It's terribly unfortunate. American Staffordshire Terriors are the sweetest things. I can't fathom why they get owned by the most horrid of people. But they do.

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it... one or two glasses isn't going to hurt anything...