Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reality Flexed

The class wasn't canceled.  Now that I've gotten over the omg neverdonethis neverbeenthere neverseenthesepeople angst I'm quite glad.

As it turns out, my pilates book and my Wii Fit Yoga training DID provide some level of familiarity with The Real Thing.  Though, unfortunately I hadn't practiced either recently enough.   So, tomorrow, my arms and abs will be angreeeee. Usually the class meets every Tue and Thu, but not the 3rd Thursday of the month because a different group has the venue.  I'm glad we won't be meeting in 2 days, it will give me time to recover.  Though I might fire up the Wii Fit again.

The instructor seems nice and knowledgeable and gives us plenty of options.  "You can stay here if you like, or you can go HERE" (insert human pretzel).  No, I'm not going to go there.

Alas, I don't think I will ever touch my toes, or come close to a proper downward facing dog.  This time it has nothing to do with my neighbors...  It's all about my FREAKISHLY long thighs.  They are so long I can cross my legs, then cross behind my calves, then wrap my foot around the front again.  While it's a great party trick...  and I thank my father for the awesome metabolism...  the thighs? Not so much.  

But there are far worse things and I am happy with my first forced (becuase I'm paying for it) fitness adventure. Maybe next time I'll show up a bit early and socialize more.




1 comment:

To A T said...

I am so glad to hear you had a good time!! :) I hear you on the angry muscles though... Batman and I started a new work out and I am SO SORE and only 2 days in! Eek!