Saturday, January 31, 2009

5w3d

Just for kicks, I POAS this morning using a test that expired in 2005.  I'd picked it up when AF was late once ages ago, but didn't end up needing it.  It seemed to work just fine for being 4 years expired - the line was immediate and dark.  So, now you know.

I survived another pregnant-incognito week at work with no one the wiser. Though I was a little pale Monday and people kept asking me how I felt.  "I feel fine!" I would say, exasperated. I really did feel fine, though I should have had breakfast earlier.  The questions were gone the next day, when I was seen running down the hall as usual (thankfully we don't work in a school building or I'd be in trouble).  My boss's office is about as far as you can get from mine, on the other end of a long boring corridor.  So, I jog it.  I always have. :)

I have told one additional person - my yoga instructor.  I'm thinking about switching to a prenatal yoga class when this class ends at the end of Feb.  

My brother let me off the hook easy for his Superbowl party tomorrow. He called to ask how much DH and I will be drinking, seeing as how I work early Monday. :)  So, I'm the driver.  Its just as well, I was quite the lush on New Year's Eve.  Its time for DH to start drinking for three.  :p

Though a visit from Cousin Candi would be awesome for real, I will probably just claim errands for my appointment on the 9th. I have 3 hours of comp time, easy.  So, if I want to jet early one day I'll be totally allowed.

One of the ways I might tell my mother... there's a little story behind this.  I think it was three years ago on Mother's day, I went over to my mom's house to bring her flowers and love. She said she had something for me too. 

She pulled a blue denim-like shirt out of a bag and said, "I saw this and thought of you."  

I took the shirt, the letter M catching my eye on the tag.  "MOM!" I said, accusingly, "This is maternity!"  

"What?" she said, all innocent taking the shirt back to examine it for herself. "Oh, I had no idea!  I just thought it looked like you.  I guess I'll just hang on to it then."  

DH never believed that it was an innocent mistake. I still haven't made up my mind...  At some point though, I'm just going to tell her she has something of mine and I want it back.  Then we'll see if she can figure it out. :p

1 comment:

To A T said...

I think that's a really cute way to clue your mom in :) You'll have to let us know if she figures it out right away :)