Saturday, July 19, 2008

2ww.... 50/50

When there is one of two possible outcomes in my life, I always interpret my odds as 50/50. Right now of course, either I'm going to be pregnant this cycle or I'm not. I also like to be equally prepared for either outcome. In this case, I'm not sure I'm prepared for either!

Odds are not in my favor for having success right off the bat, but having to go another cycle would be disappointing. Though I do have a plan for things we would do differently (like timing BD on a low sperm count assumption). It would still be a bummer.

Though pregnancy is the outcome I want, I'm not sure I'm prepared for that either! I'm sure it will immediately lead to fears of miscarriage and hopes for the fetus to stick. I'm sure I'll be on pins and needles until my first ultrasound.

So, I'll know which path I'm on in a couple of weeks. In the mean time, there is a flowerbed that has been totally overrun by weeds. Actually, just one type of weed... white cockle. Its going nuts all over the side of the house, crowding out the lily. I should take care of it before it becomes too hot to be outside.

1 comment:

Mrs. Spit said...

I find weeding so satisfying. This, this I can control.