Tuesday, July 1, 2008

CD 28 12 DPO

Le Sigh, my pee sticks did not arrive in the mail today. Is it wrong that I get a sense of glee from writing/saying pee sticks???

I was hoping to test tomorrow, when I will be the "lucky" 13 DPO. Its all I can do to avoid using my expired drugstore test... At the store today I almost bought a fresh one, but I managed to beat instant gratification off with a stick (not a pee stick, sadly). So hopefully they will arrive in the mail tomorrow and I'll get to test on Wednesday morning.

A friend recently gave birth at home. I'm so glad everything went well for her and her baby. I'm not going to choose that route for myself, but I think low risk women should have the option. That said, the occasional extremely rare case will encounter a situation requiring NICU/Hospital grade services and equipment in a time frame of moments rather than minutes.

Maybe its my time spent in Special Ed and near the medical industry that leads me toward a more medical model. Maybe I just think that with my luck, I'd be the one struck by lightning and suddenly need high-tech lifesaving intervention. At any rate, I'm not going to put much emphasis on my birth experience if I'm lucky enough to have one.

Its too hot!

No comments: